Wednesday 27 July 2016

BOOK BLOGGER SPOTLIGHT | Meet Rachel from Get Kids Into Books!

Hello readers, and happy Wednesday! This week I am delighted to be able to share with you another blogger spotlight - this time with the writer of the Get Kids Into Books - Rachel!

Rachel is a fantastic blogger and I am a massive fan of her blog. I love the children's books recommendations and the way she writes it is so clear and refreshing. I'd definitely check it out if you have kids that need their reading tanks fuelled or if you just enjoy looking at gorgeous kids picture books (I definitely fall into this category).

Today I am honoured to have Rachel on my blog to talk about all things blogging and books!

Hi, Rachel, and thanks for being on my blog!


What’s the best thing about being a book blogger?

Finding out that people have gone on to buy and enjoy books because of my reviews is really satisfying. My main motivation for setting up a blog was to spread the word about brilliant children's books and help children to find books they love. Since becoming a book blogger, I've also really enjoyed discovering so many wonderful authors, illustrators and books that I'd not known about before.

What’s the most difficult/challenging thing about being a book blogger?


Finding time to write my reviews can be tricky. I have a seven month old son and he keeps me very busy!





What’s been your highlight in the time that you’ve been a book blogger?
 I'm really enjoying making connections with other people who love children's books: other parents and bloggers, authors, illustrators, booksellers, librarians, publishers and publicists. It's fun to start to feel part of that wider book-loving community.

Name one author you would love to meet, and one blogger you would love to meet in real life!

I'd love to meet Britta Teckentrup. She writes and illustrates such beautiful children's books. The first book that I read to my son was by her. I'd like to get an insight into how she works, find out where her ideas come from and learn more about her style. The blogger I'd like to meet is Kim who writes the BookBairn blog (bookbairn.blogspot.co.uk) about the books she reads with her daughter. Her daughter is not much older than my son so I love seeing what they're reading. She's also a teacher like me so I feel that we have lots in common and would have quite a lot to talk about.

What advice would you give anyone who wants to start a book blog?

Try to make sure you have a clear idea of who your target audience is. You're then more likely to write content that is focused and relevant. It's really useful to use other social media to promote your blog - Twitter, Instagram etc - in this way you can increase exposure to what you've written. I try only to review books that I enjoy. I want my blog to be a positive place, full of love for books and reading.

Thanks Rachel, for appearing on my blog!

Check out Rachel's blog here: https://getkidsintobooks.wordpress.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GetKidsin2Books

Until next time :)




No comments:

Post a Comment