Thursday 31 December 2015

Books I Read in 2015!

Hello, readers! It is time again for my yearly wrap-up of all of the books I have read this year. In a flash, we have come to the end of another year of reading, and for me, 2015 has stood out in terms of the numerous wonderful books I have read, some of them now being my all-time favourites. I managed to read 71 books this year, which is a vast improvement on the number of books I read last year, and I hope to continue improving on this number as the years go on! So, without further ado, here is the list of books I read in 2015...

The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky

The World According to Bertie- Alexander McCall Smith

Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn

 Brontë- Polly Teale

Bobcat- Rebecca Lee

Bitten- Kelley Armstrong

Finding a Voice- Kim Hood

Fangirl- Rainbow Rowell

Goose- Dawn O’ Porter

Only Ever Yours- Louise O’ Neill

A Song for Ella Grey- David Almond

Lobsters- Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison 

Half Bad- Sally Green

Salvage- Keren David


Say Her Name- James Dawson

Trouble- Non Pratt

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry- Rachel Joyce

The Minnow- Diana Sweeney

Emma- Alexander McCall Smith

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown- Holly Black

Orkney Twilight- Clare Carson

Read Me Like A Book- Liz Kessler

The Establishment- Owen Jones

The Puzzle of God- Peter Vardy

Rooftoppers- Katherine Rundell 

The Underwriting- Michelle Miller

Did I Mention I Love You- Estelle Maskame

Volpone- Ben Jonson 

The Wife of Bath- Geoffrey Chaucer

This Book Is Gay- James Dawson

Paper Aeroplanes- Dawn O’ Porter 

Back to Blackbrick- Sarah Moore Fitzgerald

Girls- Savannah Avery

Avalon- Vanessa Morgan

Jill Mansell’s A-Z of Happiness- Jill Mansell

More Than This- Patrick Ness

Half Wild- Sally Green

The Self-Esteem Team’s Guide to Sex, Drugs and WTFs?!!- Grace Barrett, Natasha Devon, Nadia Mendoza

Landline- Rainbow Rowell

We Were Liars- E. Lockhart

The Dead House- Dawn Kurtagich

The Final Empire- Brandon Sanderson

Higher Ed- Tessa McWatt

Saint Anything- Sarah Dessen

Lorali- Laura Dockrill 

King Lear- William Shakespeare 

Heart of Darkness- Joseph Conrad

Endgame- Samuel Beckett

Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen

Beowulf- trans. Seamus Heaney

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight- trans. James Winny

The Nightingale and the Rose- Oscar Wilde

Six of Crows- Leigh Bardugo 

Emerald City- Jennifer Egan

The Paris Architect- Charles Belfoure

Waiting for the Barbarians- J.M. Coetzee

Walk The Blue Fields- Claire Keegan

Dear George- Helen Simpson 

Spinning Starlight- R.C Lewis

Small Hands- Mona Arshi

The Remains- Annie Freud

Wolf By Wolf- Ryan Graudin

Silence Is Goldfish- Annabel Pitcher

The Human Script- Johnny Rich

This Raging Light- Estelle Laure

Noah's Wife- Lindsay Starck

Hey Yeah Right Get a Life- Helen Simpson

I Call Myself A Feminist- Victoria Pepe, Rachel Holmes, Amy Annette, Alice Stride and Martha Mosse

Red Sky In The Morning- Elizabeth Laird

Killing The Dead- Marcus Sedgwick

Last Chance- Sarah Dessen

So, the grand total for this year is 71 books! And I'm quite happy with that number taking into consideration this year has been one of the busiest of my whole life! From A-Level exams to university applications and settling into my new life in Manchester... this year has been one whole new level of crazzaaaayyyy. But, after all, that's the way I like it! 

Check out the books I read in 2013 here: http://www.delightfulbookreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/books-i-have-read-in-2013_1.html

Check out the books I read in 2014 here: http://www.delightfulbookreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/books-i-have-read-in-2014.html

Check out my year in books here:

Until next time :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment